Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Regular Price: $128.00 Nature's Price $119.99
$288.00Price From: $330.00 $305.00
Seychelle Environmental Technologies Fill2Pure Stainless Steel Regular Water Filter Bottle 27 fl. oz.Item #: SSFB27Regular Price: $49.95 Nature's Price $17.95
AlkaViva Melody II Alkaline Water Machine IonizerItem #: MELODY$1,595.00
Product Description - New Millennium Concepts Berkey PF-2 Fluoride & Arsenic Reduction Elements (Set of 2)
PF-2™ reduction elements are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey® water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water.
• Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
• Other residual heavy metal ions
FLUORIDE: Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm (11 lpm) per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
ARSENIC: This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2™ elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters). The Royal Berkey® system is about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters) therefore the PF-2™ filters should be replaced after 1,000/3.25 (3,785/12.3) or 307 refills. If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2™'s should be replaced after 10 months, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2™'s should be replaced about every five months). Actual capacity is dependent on the presence of other competing contaminants in the source water. High levels of fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
1) Do not boil this element.
2) PF-2™ elements reduce filtration flow rate by 15-20%.
3) The media used in the PF-2™ filter elements contains high-grade activated aluminum oxide, which currently is the most efficient media available for extracting fluoride from water. Below are the results we obtained when testing the PF-2™ elements (the water was not pre-filtered through the Black Berkey® elements). The reduction over time is due to additional residual process dust being washed free from the PF-2™ elements as the system is used. To give a scale for comparison purposes we include test results from a national brand toothpaste and water boiled in an aluminum pan.
• National brand toothpaste 52.878 ppm aluminum
• Water boiled in an aluminum pan for five minutes: 2.791 ppm aluminum
• PF2™ after conditioning (5 cycles): .178 ppm aluminum
• PF2™ after 10 Cycles: .037 ppm aluminum
• PF2™ after 20 Cycles: .029 ppm aluminum
While the above results indicate that the residual process dust adds a minute amount of aluminum to the water, the Black Berkey® purification elements reduce aluminum from the water. We tested water that naturally contained .320ppm aluminum and filtered it through the combination of the Black Berkey® and the post conditioned PF-2™ filtration elements (5 cycles). The results showed a net reduction in aluminum contamination (Raw influent: .320ppm - Effluent after passing through the Black Berkey® and PF-2™ elements: .232ppm). In other words the Black Berkey® elements removed more aluminum from the water than was added by the PF-2™ elements.
REPLACEMENT: Every 1,000 Gallons
Click here for Berkey Brochures.
|Manufacturer||New Millennium Concepts|
|Product Type||Water Filters|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Filter Cartridge Life||6 Months|
Legal Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Nature's Alternatives assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.